- Learn to Swim Programs
- Adult Swimming Lessons
Adult Swimming Lessons
What They'll Learn
The Learn-to-Swim program allows swimmers to progress at their own pace, mastering one set of skills before moving on to the next. Swimming lessons for adults are available in the following three levels, developed to meet the needs of adult learners:
1) Learning the Basics: earn basic swimming strokes and skills needed to stay safe, and help keep others safe in and around the water.
2) Improving Skills and Swimming Strokes: Participants will gain proficiency in basic aquatic skills and the six basic swimming strokes.
3) Swimming for Fitness: Participants will learn to refine their front crawl, back crawl, breaststroke and turns to build endurance.
At the American Red Cross, our swimming lessons for adults include best-in-class instruction that can help you build your skills, and swim more efficiently.
Each session consists of eight 45-minute lessons on Tuesday's and Thursday's for four weeks. Missed lessons may not be refunded or rescheduled unless specified by the Aquatics Director.
- Community Center Members (must hold a family 6-month or annual membership): $40 per adult per session
- Non-members: $60 per adult per session.
- Each session cost includes eight 45-minute lessons on Tuesday's and Thursday's.
Winter Registration Information
Click here to register!
Winter Class Dates:January 31st - February 23rd
February 28th - March 30th
- Class Time: 6:45pm - 7:30pm - Tuesdays & Thursdays
Registration can also be completed in person at the Veterans Park Community Center, or by calling 501-605-1506.
You can find a complete list of our Indoor Pool Rules here. Please be sure to wear appropriate swimwear while using our facility. Children must use US Coast Guard Approved Swim Flotation Devices.