FLSA status: Hourly (Full Time)
Salary: $21,840 – $34,320 D.O.E.
Deadline: Open until filled
The Recreation Programmer is under the direct supervision of the Program Director. The Recreation Programmer is responsible for delivery of all recreation, leisure and sport programs and activities in order to provide opportunities and encourage and promote a healthy lifestyle for all community residents.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
– Must be able to work variable shifts, evenings & weekends.
– Knowledge and working familiarity with computer programs, scheduling software, social media and office equipment.
– Researches, develops and implements parks, recreation, and leisure events and activities for all ages.
– Ability to supervise children, youth, and adults.
– Ability to understand, follow, and carry out oral and written instructions.
– Ability to work unsupervised.
– Evaluate the effectiveness of programs and identify areas where new programs are needed
– Must be detail oriented, have a high energy level, and excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
– Must have knowledge in youth and adult sports leagues and tournament scheduling.
– Must understand and enforce rules of play for youth and adult sports.
– Must have great customer services skills in dealing with coaches, parents, players, and the general public on a daily basis.
– Assist Staff with events and other duties as assigned.
– Researches new programs to generate revenue for the department.
– Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
For full job description, please click on the following link: