Performs a variety of parks maintenance tasks that include mowing, weed eating, cleaning and maintaining equipment, tree trimming, cleaning out ditches and storm drains and picking up litter. Maintaining restrooms, playgrounds, walking trails and other duties as assigned. This position will report to the Maintenance Supervisor and will be responsible for adhering to maintenance and safety standards that strengthen the community image and sense of place in all City Parks. The Parks Maintenance Worker will possess a strong orientation towards customer service, a stewardship attitude toward resource management, and will be committed to professional development in parks maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
– Turf management such as mowing, aerating, fertilizing, top dressing, edging and weed spraying.
– Maintains irrigation systems.
– Maintains athletic activity areas (dragging, prepping), maintain fences, benches, drinking fountains, sidewalks, restrooms and general repairs.
– Performs equipment and vehicle inspections.
– Cleans and remove litter from parks, parking lots, and other public areas.
– Operates a variety of light and heavy duty equipment.
– Set up for sporting events, community-wide special events.
– Responsible for upholding Cabot Parks and Recreation policies and procedures, as well as ordinances set forth by the City of Cabot.
– Ability to understand, follow, and carry out oral and written instructions.
– Ability to work unsupervised.
– Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
For full job description, please click on the following link: